I am an award-winning freelance journalist based in New York City. My work has appeared in the New York Times, the Guardian, the BBC, CityLab, Good Housekeeping, Atlas Obscura, Woman’s Day and VICE. From 2009 to 2015, I was a reporter and producer at local news startup DNAinfo where I focused on daily news and feature stories as well as assisted in developing DNAinfo’s social media coverage of events such as New York Fashion Week.
- 2014 Front Page Award from the Newswomen's Club of New York for reporting in the fashion category with the story "Plea for Help From Man Claiming to be Chinese Prisoner Found in Saks Bag."
- 2012 Deadline Club Award as part of a team for DNAinfo's breaking news coverage of Occupy Wall Street.
- Reporting and writing: breaking news to feature stories in mental and physical health, lifestyle, arts and culture, business, finance and real estate.
- Multimedia coverage: shooting, editing and producing videos as well as photography for feature stories and breaking news.
- Social media: developing social media campaigns to grow readership and brand awareness. Connecting with sources and readers through social media.